This is a cyclical industry. It is highly sensitive to the overall market environment and requires large investments in production assets. Under-utilization, low efficiencies in production, supply chain processes and redundant footprint are a few of the operational issues companies face.
Additional pressure comes from managing complex regulatory issues, sustaining knowledge from an aging workforce, improving productivity and performance.
An operations consulting team forged from deep inside the industry
Argo’s team works with clients as partner and coach to achieve and sustain superior results. As operations profitability experts, we focus specifically on three main areas of operations:
- Maintenance and Reliability
- Supply Chain
Our four-part Operations Profitability Process includes:
- Rapid Assessment
- Operations Analysis
- Sustaining Knowledge, Behavior and Culture
Our team dives into the trenches with everyone – from frontline to executive suite – with a result-driven process and makes it stick. We combine the industries best manufacturing and operations tools with industry best practices to achieve the lasting results.
Whether in the operations environment or maintenance environment, our team dives into the trenches with everyone – from the front line to the executive suite – with a results-driven process and makes it stick.
We look at complete work-flow management process and reveal breakdowns in communications, work-order ownership and execution and put the right long-term solutions in place.
Using advanced sustainment techniques such as Visual Management for Accountability we are able to promote in-depth problem solving and issue reflection that is the foundation for lasting adoption and sustainment.
Our work includes:
- Improving manufacturing processes and implementing best practices to increase up-time, first pass quality and yield
- Developing and implementing a new manufacturing footprint (from supply to manufacturing and distribution centers), reducing factories and distribution centers when appropriate and increasing asset utilization in the remaining sites
- Enhancing systems for forecasting, planning, and scheduling just-in-time inventory levels through an improved S&OP process
- Shortening the new-product introduction time-line using the most advanced tools, methods and procedures on new products and machinery
- Improving the asset utilization of leased railcars by reducing dwell time in the first-mile/last-mile and in maintenance operations
- Reducing order to cash cycles, whether attacking order entry, process times, inventories, or accounts payable
- Using training and best-in-class coaching techniques to ensure that desired sustaining behaviors become ingrained in organizational culture
- Use advanced visual management techniques to develop an effective accountability dialogue across all management layers, but particularly with the front lines