There are many situations where M&A is a Value Maximizing Decision and the Optimal Business Choice. However, the majority of M&A transactions destroy value as a result of suboptimal diligence, inadequate deal execution, poor market timing or subpar integration.
We advise our clients across the investment cycle to ensure that the M&A strategy and transaction create value not only on paper but most importantly in reality.
Ensuring Value Creation
Our M&A practice is rooted in an in-depth understanding of the conditions for value creation in M&A transactions. We help our clients determine when a transaction is the optimal strategic decision and help them devise and execute the optimal capture plan to realize the value creation opportunity.
We are experts in identifying, quantifying and realizing synergy value across commercial, operational and management activities. We work with you to ensure that the total synergy & integration value from the merger or acquisition exceeds the price paid. We capture and determine synergy value by performing a high-quality, accurate assessment, followed by a seamless synergy execution.
Our Framework & Approach at a Glance
Our proven framework and approach combine interdisciplinary and holistic analyses, where relevant commercial, operational, and management synergies are identified, quantified and prioritized, quickly. In addition, we understand that value maximization only occurs when identified synergies are backed up by a robust capture plan where owners (who), actions (what), strategies (how) and timing (when) are specified realistically and with sense of urgency. We call this process Value Creation Plan development that can also serve as the cornerstone of a value-based plan that directly links synergy capture and value creation. Lastly, we help our clients execute the integration plan instilling discipline, bias for action and focus on achieving expected sustainable economic results timely.
- M&A Strategy Definition
- Target Identification
- Due Diligence
- Synergy Analysis (Identification, Quantification, Capture Plan)
- Value Creation Plan (Integration and Synergy Realization)
- Change Management Strategy Design and Implementation
- Supplemental Interim Management
- Operational Integration Implementation
- Performance Management Strategy Design and Implementation
- Sale of Business or Segment (Financial Forecast, Advisor Coordination and Deal Execution Assistance)
- Carve Outs
- Internal M&A Capability Development
A Best in Class Team
Our M&A team brings our clients Best-in-Class transaction and integration expertise, in-depth industry and business knowledge and a pragmatic, realistic and swift approach to help you close the deal on the right terms and realize value with sense of urgency. ARGO-EFESO’s M&A specialists have deep transaction and integration experience as well as a wide range of backgrounds including:
- Former C-level executives with a deep track record in leading major M&A transaction and Integrations with robust realization of synergies.
- Business Improvement Specialists who combine deep operational and financial knowledge with experience.
- Industry Experts who have “been there” and built their experience through major integration programs that capture the transaction expected value.
M&A is in many cases the optimal value maximization strategy for an organization. However, it is also a complex process with several steps and conditions for success. To maximize the chances to win and effectively create value through M&A, your organization might greatly benefit from Expert Advice on each step of the process: From M&A Strategy Development, to Target Selection, Due Diligence, Synergy Identification and Valuation, Value Creation Plan Development and Integration Execution, Argo is the partner of choice for Leading and Private Equity Funds who have made M&A a competitive advantage