Value Chain Progression for a Leading Global Confectionery Manufacturer
- A leading global confectionery manufacturer reviewed their Operating Supply Network (OSN), a global network of 22 factories, 68 in-house warehouses and 240 third party DC’s serving over 100 markets in 3 regions
- The objective was to complete a total re-design of the operating supply network
- There were no consistent standards across Customer Services, Planning, Warehouse and Transportation.
- People worked in different ways, SAP was applied variably with no consistent operating model.
- Skills and capabilities needed progression.
Approach & Key Success Factors
ARGO-EFESO provided project management and designed a new industrial roadmap including:
- Transfer of products and production
- Tender for outsourcing logistics
- Implementation of a crisis task force
- Product portfolio rationalization
After the first stage of the project:
- Differences and complexity were reduced
- A common reference model, standards and PPI were designed
- Increased governance and best practice sharing were embedded in the identity of Supply Chain people and learning organization
- This is now being rolled out across the business as part of the Progression Plan