James Mourafetis is Argo’s Asset Management Leader for the Transportation Industry practice. He has over 22 years of professional experience and has been with Argo since 2009. James has positioned himself as an expert in the transportation and manufacturing sectors through publications and public speaking engagements.
His primary focus is on major platform development and account engagement with existing multi-national clients. James has led a number of large and global operational improvement initiatives to improve the availability, reliability, and utilization of infrastructure, equipment, and workforce productivity.
He is a seasoned global manufacturing visionary and leader across multi-site locations deploying the rapid change in factories throughout various supply chains.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Asset Management for Heavy Asset Industries
- Global CI development & installation
- Lean Transformation
- Operations Improvement
- Supply Chain Development & Auditing
- Business Process Improvement
- Heavy asset equipment scheduled maintenance, repair and servicing
- Train terminal processing: heavy equipment mechanical overhauls and complete rebuilds, most manufacturing processes, automotive assembly processes in Trim & Chassis functional areas
- Suppliers and certification worldwide (quality systems & run at rate, APQP)
“The Long and Winding Road,” Dry Bulk Magazine, Spring 2017.
“An Asset Manager’s Guide to Harvest Management Commitment,” Uptime Magazine, Feb/March 2017
“Releasing Asset Value Sustainability,” Uptime Magazine, Oct/Nov 2016
James received his B.S. degree from Purdue University in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, and Quality Operating Systems. He is a candidate for M.S. degree in Quality Engineering and Quality Assurance from Eastern Michigan University. He has completed Organizational Leadership Executive Training program at Harvard Business School and The Warton School – University of Pennsylvania.