Chemical Manufacturer Optimizes Transportation and Logistics
- Privately owned leading national distributor of industrial chemicals with multiple distribution centers.
- Global supply chain had not kept pace with the needs of an increasingly complex supplier base.
- Poor financial performance due to inconsistent lead-times, high inventory levels, and high transportation costs.
Argo’s Solution & Approach
- Identified and implemented best logistics routing practices, optimized transportation schedules, and balanced freight payloads yielding in a reduction in freight costs.
- Introduced optimal order quantities and implemented inventory min/max guideline were the basis to creating a standardized set of purchasing procedures.
- Developed a Playbook of Best Practices to standardize key supply chain and logistics processes creating a culture of performance accountability.
RESULTS AT A GLANCE
Reduced overall transportation cost
Reduced lead-time variance